Most of the keyboards used on Android are great. However you may looking for a keyboard with a new layout. It’s simple. You can do it with a few taps on your phone. This is a step by step guide on how to change the keyboard of your android phone. Let’s get started.
How to download a new keyboard
First you have to download a new keyboard from the Pay Store. This is how to do that.
1. Go to the Google Play Store on your phone.
2. Type “keyboard” on the search bar
3. Select the keyboard that you need to download (e.g.: SwiftKey).
4. Tap Install.
How to change your keyboard
Ok. Now you have downloaded your preferred keyboard. Let’s see how to get started with it. Follow these steps.
1. Open Settings on your phone.
2. Scroll down and tap System.
3. Tap on Languages & input and then on Virtual keyboard.
4. Tap on Manage keyboards and thereafter toggle next to the keyboard you just downloaded.
5. Finally Tap on OK.
6. Now go to any app which is using the keyboard. (Google Search, texting app etc)
7. Tap on place where you need to type the words. This will open your keyboard
8. Now tap on the keyboard icon. It is in the bottom-right corner.
9. Tap the keyboard you wish to switch to.
That’s it. You’ve change the keyboard of your android phone! If you ever need to switch to your previously used keyboard, just follow the same steps discussed above.