Today you’ll learn how to block a contact on iPhone, Android or landline phone.
Blocking a Contact on iPhone
- Open your iPhone’s Phone app.
- Tap on a contact’s name or Tap on “i” icon next to a number.
- Tap on Block this Caller.
- Next tap on Block Contact when prompted. Once you tap on this, it will block the number, so that preventing it from calling you in the future.
- Manage your blocked callers. iPhone store a list of the numbers that the user has blocked. You can view it by doing the following steps.
- Tap on Settings
- Scroll down and tap on Phone
- Tap on Call Blocking & Identification
- Review the numbers under the “BLOCKED CONTACTS” heading.
Block a Contact by Using the Samsung Galaxy Phone App
- Open your Android’s Phone app.
- Tap on triple dots icon which is located at the top-right hand corner of the Phone screen. This will prompt a drop-down menu.
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on Block Numbers. Now type the number that you want to block in the text field below the “Add phone number” heading,
- It also provides you the options of selecting it from the recent or contact lists below this “Add Phone number” heading.
- Tap a number in your recent or contacts list, and tap Done.
Using a Pixel or Nexus Android
- Open your Android’s Phone app
- Tap on three dots which appear in the top-right corner of the Phone screen.
- Once tapped a drop-down menu will appear.
- Tap on Settings. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Tap on Blocked Numbers.
- Now tap on ADD NUMBER.
- Type the number you want block.
- It also provides you the options of selecting them from Recent Calls or Call History. Select a number you want to block from there.
- Then tap on Block.This will add the number to your phone’s block list.There by you’ll not receive any calls from the blocked number.
- Place a check on the “Report call as spam” box to report the call.
- To unblock a number,
- Go to Settings and then the “Blocked Numbers” list.
- Tap on X next to a number you want to unblock.
- Tap on Unblock.
Block a Contact on an LG Android
- Open your Android’s Phone app
- Tap the Call Logs tab which is either at the top or at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on Triple Dots at the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the coming drop-down menu tap Call Settings.
- Tap Reject Call located beneath the “GENERAL” heading.
- Tap on Blocked Numbers at the top of the page.
- Now tap on the + icon. A window with blocking options will appear.
- Tap on New Number. This opens a text field. Type the number that you wish to added to your block list. You can also select a number from your contacts or select a recent number by selecting either Contacts or Call logs respectively.
- Tap on Done. This will add the number to your phone’s block list and you will not receive any calls from this number in future.
Using an HTC Android
- Open your Android’s People app.
- Tap on triple dots. It’s in the top-right corner of the screen. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Tap on Manage Contacts.
- Then tap on Blocked Contacts which is at the top of the page
- Tap on Add.
- If you need to select a contact to block from the contact list, tap on Select from people or if you need to enter a number to block, tap on Add number.
- Now type the number to be blocked or select it from the contact list.
- Tap on Save.
- Now you would no longer receive any calls from that blocked number.
Block a Contact on a Microsoft Phone
- Tap the Settings app.
- Then Tap on Call+SMS Filter.
- If you use it for the first time, it will be asked to accept the terms and conditions.
- To proceed, tap on Accept.
- Now tap on the toggle switch. This will turns on call blocking and you’ll be able to block the calls thereafter.
- Open the phone app.
- Tap on Call History to view a list of recent calls.
- Then Tap and hold the number you want to block.
- Tap on Blocks Number from the menu.
- A confirmation pop-up window will be displayed. Tap on OK to block the number.
Block a Contact on a Landline
- First read your landline phone’s manual.
- Contact your carrier.
- If you are getting harassed by specific phone numbers add them to your Block Contacts List.
- Check whether your phone allows Priority Ringing. Here it allows you to change your phone’s ringtone for certain numbers. There after you can determine whether you are going to answer it or not.