Google Chrome is a lightweight browser. It is free to download for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS. This article guides you on how Install Google Chrome to your system of choice.
If you are from China, please note that you have to use a VPN to download Google Chrome.
Download Chrome for Windows/Mac/Linux
- Google Chrome can be downloaded by using any web browser. If you haven’t install any web browser in your computer you can use its operating system’s preinstalled web browser (Windows – Internet Explorer and Mac OS X – Safari)
- Type https://www.google.com/chrome/ in the web browser to go to the Google Chrome official website.
- Click “Download Chrome”.
- If you prefer to use Google Chrome as your default browser place a tick on “Set Google Chrome as my default browser”. By doing so whenever a link to a web page is clicked, it will be opened from the Google Chrome web browser.
- If you placed a tick on the box labeled as “Help make Google Chrome better by automatically sending usage statistics” it will send your usage data back to Google. It will send the details of crash reports, button clicks and preferences. It does not send any of your personal information.
- Read the Terms of Service
- Click “Accept and Install”. This will start the Google Chrome Installation.
- Once the Google Chrome installation is completed you may need to allow the program to run depending on your browser settings.
- Sign in to your Google account to sync bookmarks, preferences, and browsing history with any Chrome browser that you use.
Download Chrome on Your Mobile Device
- Open your device’s store. For Android, it is the Play Store, and on iOS, it is the App Store.
- Search for Chrome which is published by Google, Inc.
- Install Chrome. Click on the Install button to start downloading and installing the Google Chrome. Accept any permission needed to install the app.
- Open the app. Sign in to your Google account to sync all of your saved bookmarks preferences, and browsing history with any other versions of Chrome you may use.