Do you want to talk to several people at once and coordinate a meeting? This article guide you the way how you can conduct a conference call on iPhone. You can combine them into a single call so that everyone can talk to each other.
The number of participants on a conference call and the ability to add, merge, or disconnect individual callers depends on your carrier. You can contact your carrier and get more information about your conference call options.
How to Make a Conference Call on iPhone?
You can set up a conference call If your carrier supports it. You can merge up to five people.
- Dial to the first person you need to call. Wait for the call to connect.
- Tap on add call
- Dial to the second person. Wait for the call to connect.
- Tap on merge calls.
- Now both calls merge into a conference call.
- If you need to add more people to the conference, then repeat the steps from 2 to 4
- If you do not see the option to add another call then you have reached to the maximum number of participants that you can connect to the conference.
Please note that only the person who started the call can see the names of all participants. If a participant adds someone else then they can see only the names of the people they have added and the person who started the conversation.
Your carrier might not support call conferencing if you don’t see the merge call option.
How many calls can iPhone merge?
You can merge up to five calls for a iPhone conference.
How to Unmerge or drop a caller from a Conference Call
You are conducting a conference call from your iPhone. Now you need to remove someone from the conference, but need to keep them on the line. How can you do that? It’s simple. Do this.
- On the conference call management screen you can see all the people engage in the call along with their numbers. To do this you have to tap on the Unmerge button (i.e. the splitting arrows) beside their name.
- If you want to disconnect someone out from the call, you simply need to tap on the Disconnect button (i.e. the downward facing phone icon) beside their name.
Disconnect yourself from the conference call
- To do this tap on the red End Call button at the bottom of the screen.
- Here please note that this will not end the entire call conversation. All the other parties in the call can still talk to each other until they hang up.
Things to be considered when making conference calls
- Try to engage in a call from where there are as much as little noise in the environment.
- Mute your microphone while others are talking. This will reduce the background noise of the call.
- Increase privacy and efficiency by using call management options.