If you are using an android phone you might have heard that the contacts stored in your Android phone can be synced with a Gmail account connected to your device. By referring this article you can keep your contacts of your phone while sync contacts with Gmail account associated with you. You need to only follow few steps to do this task.
Syncing your contacts with Gmail is very useful once you need to update the firmware of your phone. Because while updating the firmware you are at a risk of losing your contacts, text messages and other important data files.
So follow this article to Sync your Android Contacts With Gmail. You will definitely get rid of the risk associated with such situations.
- Tap on your device’s Settings
- Scroll down and tap on Accounts which is under the “Personal” section of the menu.
- Tap Google.
- Your accounts will be listed in the alphabet order.
- Select your preferred account.
- Slide the “Sync Contacts” button to “On” position to sync your Gmail contacts with your Android contacts.
- You can also tap on other Google options like Photos, Calendar and Music to sync with accounts
Once you follow the above steps, you synced your contacts in your device with Gmail. Now even though you have rooted and selected factory reset phone, your contacts can be restored again with your Gmail account so that all the phone numbers will be restored.
If you don’t sync your contacts, then all your contacts will be lost from your phone.