Do you have a trouble in wake up in the morning on time? Are you afraid of missing the meeting scheduled on tomorrow morning or missing the early lessons in the classroom? Then this article is right for you. You can do these simple tasks to ensure that you’ll wake up on time.
Making the Most of Your Night
1Adapt to good habits
If you do not sleep correctly, then it could be hard to get out from the bed. Do these things to have a better sleep.
- Do not take caffeine or alcohol at least a few hours before you go to bed.
- Think of avoiding greasy, spicy, or fatty food in the evening. It would results an upset stomach. As a result you would end up with a bad sleep experience.
- Don’t use smart phones or tablets before you going to sleep. Because as per the researches, it has discovered that their lights and radiation can inflict your sleep and could result headaches
2Engage in quiet and relaxing activities before sleeping
Before going to bed try to do more mind relaxing things other than playing violent computer games. If so your body will produce sleep hormones and thereby you would get tired more quickly.
- TV is a source of excitement. So you should avoid it watching just before sleeping.
- Do not study or work just before you going to bed. It involves stress. As a result it would more likely to keep you awake.
- Try to read a book
- Chat with your partner.
- Listen to A relaxing or classical music.
- Try to do mental exercises before sleeping
- Think of positive thoughts and memories.
- Breathe deeply. Get your body relaxed.
3Get into a rhythm
- Try to set your rhythm properly. If you do this properly you can wakeup refresh without an alarm.
- Try to get into the bed and get up from the bed at the same time every day.
- Sleep at least eight hours every day.
- Do not try to change your entire sleeping schedule in a day. Change it over a long period of time. You can go to be 10 minutes earlier every day.
4Improve your sleeping environment
To have a better sleep consider on these points
- You should sleep on a good mattress. Check whether it gives a good back support and it does not pile up germs and bacteria.
- Consider the temperature of the room. It would be very hard to sleep in a warm room.
- Try to reduce the external noises as much as possible. You can do this by closing windows, turning off the TV. Use a device that generates ‘white noises’.
- Use a net or anti-mosquito perfume to protect against mosquitoes and other external nuisances.
- Get a larger bed
- Get a mattress that absorbs motion and will not disturb to your partner.
- Darken your room because bright lights keep you awake.
Waking Up On Time
5Get the right alarm clock
- Consider on what type of alarm you want. Some would like for a very loud alarm while others like gradual increasing alarms.
- Look for other variants. There are vibrating pillows, sticks and wristbands available in the market.
- Before buying, consider the views of your partner and friends and analyze further.
- Think of your neighbors. If you are residing in a flat, do not purchase alarm clocks having loud alarms.
- Make sure that you set the alarm before you go to bet. If you can set the alarm for the entire week, then do so.
6Position the alarm clock far from the bed
- If you are a heavy sleeper, then definitely you will turn the alarm off in your sleep. However if you have to get out from the bed and turn the alarm off, then you’ll have more chances of staying awake.
- Fix multiple alarm clocks in your room. Set multiple alarms in them five to ten minutes apart.
- Set the alarm of the clock 10 to 15 minutes before your desired time of awale. Means suppose you need to wake up at 6.00 a.m. Then set the alarm to 5.45 a.m.
7Get someone to help you
- Ask your spouse to wake you on time.
- If you have roommates then pick someone that is reliable and ask him or her to wake you up on time. Because you don’t want to miss your job interview because of your roommate found it funny to let you sleep until noon.
- If you do not have anyone in your room, then you can ask your friend to call you in the morning and talk with you for a while until you are awake.
8Get out from the bed if you wake up a few minutes before your alarm rings
If you getup few minutes earlier than your alarm rings, consider it a sign that you’re ready to get up. Do not go back to sleep again and wait for the alarm rings. If you do that, then you are more likely to sleep again.
9Brighten up your bedroom
If it is lighten outside then your body naturally wakes up faster. Keep your curtains open and allow the natural sunlight to come into the room and help you awake.
If it is still dark, then you can have timer in your bedroom lamp to automatically turns on at that time.
When you wake up, get out from the bed immediately and get moving.
Do few exercises. It will have a positive impact on your whole day.
11Take a shower as soon as you get out of bed
- Take a shower.
- Splash cold water on to your face as soon as you wake up. Low temperatures could quickly wake you up.
- If taking a shower is not possible, try putting a couple of drops of essential oils onto a tissue and inhale their fragrance.
12Have a drink
- Drink a glass of water.
- If you need something stronger, then you can have a tea or coffee.
- If you can put a coffee maker in your room and set the timer on that then a cup of coffee will be waiting for you when you wake up.
Follow these steps discussed in the article. You will never miss out your important meetings scheduled in the morning thereafter.