Wash your hands properly. So you can protect yourself and your family from getting sick. In this article we brings you when and how you should wash your hands properly to stay healthy.
How Germs Spread
Washing hands prevents the spread of infections from one person to the other and keeps you healthy. Spreading of germs could be happened as follows,
- Touch your nose, eyes and mouth with hands without washing
- Prepare or eat meals and drinks with unwashed hands
- Touch a contaminated surface or objects with your hands
- Cough or sneeze into hands or blow your nose, and then touch common objects or other people’s hands.
When to Wash your Hands
Wash your hands properly and stay safe in following instances
- Before, during, and after preparing meals
- Before eating meals
- Before and after care for a wound or cut.
- Before and after looking after someone at home who is sick
- After going to the toilet
- After cleaning your child who has used toilet or changing their diapers
- After touching garbage
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After touching a pet, its feed or its waste
Follow these Steps to Wash Your Hands properly
- Wash your hands with clean, running water
- Apply enough soap to cover all your hand surfaces
- Rub hands palm to palm
- Move your right palm with left dorsum with interlaced fingers and vice versa.
- Palm to palm with fingers interlaced
- Backs of your fingers to opposing palms with fingers interlocked
- Rub left thumb Rotationally clasped in right palm and vice versa
- Rub rotationally backwards and forwards with clasped fingers of right hand with left palm and vice versa.
- Rinse hands with water
- Dry thoroughly with a single use towel.
- Use a towel to turn off the tap.
Now you hands are safe.
Use a Hand Sanitizer When You Can’t Use Soap and Water
In most situations washing your hands with soap and water is the best way to get rid of germs. However you can use an alcohol based hand sanitizer that contains more than 60% of alcohol, if soap and water are not readily available. However please note the followings
- Sanitizers do not evacuate of all types of germs.
- If your hands are visibly dirty hand sanitizers may not be an effective solution
- Hand sanitizers may not remove harmful chemicals
How to use hand sanitizer
- Apply the hand sanitizer to the palm of one hand
- Rub your hands together.
- Rub the sanitizer over all the surfaces of your hands and fingers
- Do this until your hands are dry.
Well. That is it. Stay health and safe.